Houston High School will hold band camp on July 16 and 17 for Freshmen and Seniors from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and July 20–24 for ALL high school band students from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Students should remember to bring your instrument, wear comfortable shoes and socks (no flip flops), and bring water (we will also have some available). Sunscreen is also suggested. All students will need to bring a signed consent form on their first day of band camp or they will not be able to participate until it is turned in. Click here for the form.
Please read the information below before attending and participating in band camp. These measures are based upon the Responsible Restart Ohio Guidelines released by the Governor’s Office and the Ohio Department of Health.
Prior to participating in any event, parents and students/participants must conduct a daily symptoms assessment. If any of the following indicators are experienced, then they should stay home:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Come in contact with COVID-19
In addition to those symptoms, if the participant fits in the “vulnerable individuals” category they should not participate in any skills/training, practices or events until Phase three. “Vulnerable individuals” are those persons that have an underlying health condition. These conditions are, but are not limited to: high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma and those whose immune systems that are compromised by chemotherapy for cancer, and other conditions requiring such therapy.
When participating in school activities, please adhere to the following steps:
- Participants should arrive at their specified start time and not any earlier; they should leave immediately after its conclusion
- Allowing for sanitizing of the area
- Wash hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap before touching any surface
- Use school provided hand sanitizer before, during and after the activity
- Maintain social distancing, as directed
- Do not share any personal equipment
- Bring your own private water bottle and do not use any public water fountains
- Take a shower and wash clothing immediately upon returning home.
The district will be taking the following measures for the responsible start of athletics
- Coordinators/supervisors will be conducting screen checks for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 prior to each session
- Responses to the screening will be recorded and stored
- Any person that has a positive response will not be allowed to take part in the event
- Coordinators/supervisors will enforce social distancing as defined
- All areas will be sanitized immediately after an event
- Provide hand sanitizer for use prior, during and after a session