We are the Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America. FCCLA is a dynamic and effective student organization that helps young men and women become leaders and address important personal, family, work and societal issues through career family and consumer sciences education. Our mission is to promote personal growth and leadership development through family and consumer sciences education focusing on the multiple roles of family members, wage earners and community leaders, members develop skills for life through:
- Character development
- Creative and critical thinking
- Interpersonal communication
- Practical knowledge
- Career preparation.
The Purposes of FCCLA
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life.
- To strengthen the function of the family as the basic unit of society.
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community.
- To encourage individual; and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony.
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults.
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today’s society.
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.