Zoom Meeting Links
How to Join
Please note that once you join a teacher’s Zoom meeting, you will be placed into a waiting room until the teacher admits you to their room. You will not be able to see or hear the teacher until they admit you. The waiting room is used to protect your and other parents’ privacy.
- In your web browser (Chrome recommended), click on your teacher’s Zoom link from above.
- In the pop-up window, click the “Join Zoom Meeting” link
- A new page will open. If you do not have the Zoom client installed, click download now and download and install the client
- Once installed, click “Launch Meeting”
- Enter your name when prompted
If you do not have a microphone and/or speakers, you will need to join audio with a phone:
- After joining the meeting, you will be prompted to join with computer or phone audio.
- If you do not have a microphone and/or speakers, click the “Phone Call” tab.
- After clicking the phone call tab, dial one of the numbers listed and follow the prompts to enter your meeting and member ID.
If you need to switch back to computer audio or phone audio, click the arrow on the mute/unmute button and select which audio to join.
If you simply wish to join via a phone call, please see the “Join with Phone” tab
Please ensure you have a good internet connection if using this option
- On your smartphone, download and install the Zoom app
- Find your teacher’s name above with whom you have a meeting with
- Click on the button and a pop-up window with the meeting information will appear
- Click on the “Join Zoom Meeting” link and open it with the Zoom app if prompted on your smartphone
- Once prompted, type in your first and last name so the teacher may identify who you are
- You will be placed into a waiting room until the teacher admits you to their Zoom meeting
- Once the teacher admits you to their room, you will need to select if you will join the audio over the internet or phone call. If you would like, you may also enable your phone camera by clicking the appropriate button to enable video.
- If you join over the internet, there is nothing more you need to do except to ensure your volume is turned up
- If you choose to “Dial in”, you will be brought to another screen with which you will choose a phone number to call by clicking the blue phone icon. This will dial you in directly to the meeting. You will need to switch back to the Zoom meeting once finished. Ensure your call volume is turned up
- Click on your teacher’s Zoom link from above.
- Dial one of the phone numbers
- When prompted, enter the meeting ID
Please note that you will not be able to see the teacher or their screen (if they choose to share something). This option will only allow for a teleconference, not a video conference.